How does an environmental management system link with the above?
Similarly to other industries – like IT, food safety, occupational health, etc. - environmental management also has an internationally accepted standard, that helps us in making efforts to protect our environment through the development and monitoring of certain compliance requirements.
How it works?
Just like quality management, this standard is also a management tool that aims to provide a framework for creating a balance between the environment and social and economic actors. This balance can be achieved if the needs of the present can be met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
Environmental management systems and organizations implementing the system put the environment in the centre of commitment and approach. In the past years the expectations in the area of environmental compliance has been increasing rapidly forcing organisations to adopt a systematic approach to environmental management.
The new reviewed version of the environmental management standard- available from 2015 also in Hungarian language- is in line with the ISO 9001 in its thinking and main approach, which is grounded on the concept of risk analysis.
The advantages of ISO 14001
- The organization consciously contributes to preventing or reducing adverse environmental impacts.
- The top management is continuously informed about the organisation’s long term contribution to sustainable development.
- By implementing the life cycle approach, the organization will actively contribute to preventing unplanned negative environmental impacts.
- Applying alternative solutions, the organization will gain financial and operational advantages and therefore strengthen its market position.
How we can help?
You can read more about the certification in the Certification Guide, which you can purchase as an immediate gift to yourself and your partners.
If you are interested in the technical details of the process, the, Certification Contract Terms and Conditions will give you a thorough description for each step.
Main steps of obtaining a certificate:
- Information, consultation
- Initial certification
- Certificate release
» Integrated management system
ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, MSZ 28001